30, 60, 90,000 Mile Factory Warranty Service
- Manufacturers offer a 30, 60, 90,000 Mile Factory Warranty covering the operating systems of their Vehicles when the owner performs a list of required services at predetermine intervals such as: 30, 60 and 90,000 miles. These maintenance services must be performed to keep the Factory Warranty valid.
- The Owners Manual lists the specific services to be performed within each mileage interval. Manufacturers often allow these services to be performed outside their own Service Centers without invalidating their Factory Warranty.
- Kwik Kar Willow Bend provides the services for the 30, 60 and 90,000 mile requirements. Upon completion of each required Warranty Service, the Owners Manual is completed, dated and signed.
- Our Customers appreciate the availability of these Factory Warranty Services performed by the same Technicians whom provide them with their Full Service Oil Changes every 3,000 miles or 3 months.
- The Brake System is based on friction and pressure at the point of surface contact between the brake pad or shoe and wheel drum. As a result of friction and pressure, heat is generated and a small amount of the pad or shoe is worn away and becomes a “residue” powder on the exterior of the wheel. A portion of the same residue remains captive inside the wheel drum. An excessive build up of this captive residue will reduce the efficiency and life span of rotors, calipers, drums, pads and shoes.
- Depending on the driving conditions where a Vehicle is operated and the handling habits of the driver, brake pads, shoes, rotors, calipers, drums, etc. will perform for a shorter or longer time period. Eventually, the pads and shoes will need replacement; the rotors and drums will need to be resurfaced; the calipers will need to be cleaned or replaced; the wheel bearings may need to be repacked with the proper lubricant; the brake fluid lines may need to be bled and the brake fluid reservoir topped off .
- Kwik Kar Willow Bend performs Brakes System services on passenger Vehicles and light duty trucks. Only recognized name brand brake pads, shoes and parts are installed that meet the specification requirements of domestic and import Vehicle Manufacturers.
- Steering efficiency, riding comfort, strut wear, tire wear, shock absorber wear and braking are affected by the alignment of the front wheel assemblies to the roadway. While badly worn tires and unbalanced wheels also contribute to these same conditions, the root cause is often bad alignment.
- Kwik Kar Willow Bend performs Computerized Alignment services on passenger Vehicles and light duty trucks for: camber, caster, toe-in, toe-out, etc. “After service” driving performance is vastly improved unless the Vehicle’s Suspension System components and tires are also in need of service or replacement.
- A Mechanical or Maintenance Tune-up involves the installation of new, name brand spark plugs that meet the specification requirements of the Vehicle’s Manufacturer. A visual inspection of the distributor cap, rotor, ignition wires and wire harness is performed to check for corrosion and wear. Except for the new spark plugs and installation, any additional replacement parts and labor are charged extra.
- A Diagnostic Tune-up involves the use of an electronic “scope” (or a computer driven system) that simultaneously monitors the many complex functions of a Vehicle in low RPM or idle mode. A printout report details each operating system that is performing correctly, as well as any other systems that are in need of immediate repair or scheduled service. The price for this service will be discussed with you by the Owner/Operator of our Center.
- Kwik Kar Willow Bend can perform one or both Tune-up services on 4, 6 and 8 cylinder passenger Vehicles, vans and light duty trucks. Rotary and diesel engine Vehicles may or may not be serviceable depending on the make, model and year of the Vehicle.
Air Conditioning Service & Repairs
- The major components within the Air Conditioning System include: the compressor, dryer, evaporator, orifice tube and Freon (R12 or R134). High pressure lines and variously sized “O” rings are additional functioning components. Several of the major components are often replaced with new parts when the A/C System requires a major repair.
- Kwik Kar Willow Bend is required by state regulations to utilize individuals certified by a US EPA-approved organization under Section 609(Technician Certification Program). Many of these individuals are ASE Certified Technicians (National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence). Please call the Center located close to your Home or Office and inquire about the availability of these Air Conditioning Services & Repairs.
- The Suspension System encompasses the dual functions of providing for the riding comfort of all passengers, as well as the steering and handling capability of the Vehicle. The alignment characteristics of the Vehicle will also directly affect the efficiency and endurance of the Suspension System. For this reason, Alignment and Suspension System services are frequently performed together.
- Kwik Kar Willow Bend will service a Vehicle’s Suspension System by replacing shock absorbers, struts, coil springs, CV boots, and various “joints” that are occasionally replaced when an Alignment Service analysis uncovers defective, worn out parts.
- The replacement of an engine’s Timing Belts is a mechanical service of moderate complexity performed by experienced Technicians. The Timing Belt coordinates the “timing” of each crankshaft revolution to each camshaft revolution. The camshafts function is to open and close the engine’s air intake and exhaust valves thereby impacting the “smoothness” with which the Vehicle idles and operates. When the timing belt breaks, the engine stops. When it is stretched, the valve openings and closings are timed improperly causing the aforementioned performance issues.
- The Drive Joints are responsible for turning the front or rear drive wheels and, therefore, the forward or reverse direction of the Vehicle. Mileage, climate and road conditions contribute to the wear and tear of three  primary Drive Joints: Drive shaft or “U-Joints”, “Half Shafts” on front wheel drive Vehicles and “CV-Joints” that are located in each of the front wheel assemblies.
- Please come into Kwik Kar Willow Bend and discuss the condition of your vehicle and potential solutions. Then make an apointment for our certified mechanics
Power Steering System
- The Power Steering System functions under high pressure and temperature conditions every minute the Vehicle is operating. Due to these pressures and temperatures, materials from within the system may break away and become suspended in the power steering fluids, lines and fluid reservoir. A clean system is beneficial to the safe operation of the Vehicle.
- Our Power Steering Flush service replaces up to 95% of the old power steering fluid and foreign matter from the system. The complete service is performed without the need to disconnect any fluid lines.
- Prior to our performing the Power Steering Flush service, we examine the fluid lines and the fluid reservoir for leaks. Any required replacement parts and labor are not included in the listed price of this service.
- The heart of the Vehicle’s cooling system is a clean, freely circulating radiator. The presence of rust, corrosion, residues and other foreign materials will dramatically reduce circulation and engine overheating results. Severe, prolonged overheating will ruin the engine.
- Our Technicians will analyze the cooling capabilities of your radiator/cooling system (including the water pump) and discuss with you any remedial services necessary to sustain normal operating temperatures.
- If required, we will install a Radiator Replacement. The replacement radiator will be filled with new antifreeze/coolant fluids. The Vehicle’s engine will idle until a normal operating temperature is attained based on the temperature limit established by the Manufacture. The new radiator and the entire cooling system will be given a final pressure test and leak check before leaving our Center.
- Our Radiator/Cooling System “Power Flush” Service should be performed every 35,000-50,000 miles. By so doing your radiator will remain in top operating efficiency year round.
Additional Mechanical Services
- Additional Mechanical Services as extensive as complete motor replacements are available at Kwik Kar Willow Bend. Please visit us to learn of these Services and arrange the appropriate services for your vehicle.
ASE Certified Mechanics
on Duty Monday - Saturday